The forum aims to bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and research scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Water Purification and Wastewater Management. The Palestinian MEDRC International Alumni Forum will be the first of its kind in Palestine and will be related to inviting all postgraduates who have completed their master studies at the expense of MEDREC to present their research. An-Najah National University was chosen as the first host of this forum. The forum will be attended by scientists and researchers from the Water Authority, the MEDRC Foundation and other Palestinian universities.
The forum aims at:
- Expanding scientific research skills among graduate students assisting the development of scientific research and publication.
- Developing the general knowledge of participating students on the mythologists used in scientific exploration.
- Reviewing research papers in the field of Water Desalination and assessing their relevance to community needs.
- Taking advantage of the vast experience in academic and research fields and benefiting of knowledge and modern technology in Palestine.
- Emphasizing the role of Palestinian universities as a source of knowledge development and highlighting their role in community service.
- Promoting and developing scientific research among researchers, professors and students.
- Encouraging creativity and excellence among graduate students through active participation in the conference.
- Promoting scientific researchers from Palestinian Universities to establish their own companies
The forum will invite lectures, oral and poster presentations. The scientific committee is seeking contribution of research in the following areas:
- Water pollution and aquaculture
- Purification of drinking-water supplies
- Water pollution and environmental engineering
- Treatment, disposal and discharge of wastewater
- Wastewater treatment technologies
- Methods of monitoring water quality
- Modelling and measuring of water pollution
- Water purification technologies
- Ground water pollution control
- Water resources and quality assessment
Abstracts should be a summary of the presentation to be delivered and must not exceed one page ( including title, author(s) and affiliations).
Abstracts must be single spaced with a clear line between paragraphs.
Tables, graphs, images and references must not be included.
Title: The abstract title should be short, informative and contain the major key words.
Authors: Abstract titles should be followed by authors’ last name and first initial. Numbers must be used to indicate the author’s institution- placed in brackets, followed by city and country (in this order). You don’t need to include professional titles (e.g. Dr, Prof., etc).
Abstract Body: (Times New Roman 12-point, single-spaced, maximum of 250 words). A properly submitted abstract text will include the following elements:
Purpose or Aim
Methods and Materials
Abstracts must be sent to [email protected]
The submitted abstracts will be published in a book and distributed at the forum .
E-mail Submission: [email protected]
Abstract should be submitted by November 28th, 2018.
The submitted abstracts will be accepted for publication after being reviewed.
Notifications of receipt sent by: November 30th, 2018
Submitted poster abstracts will be published in the Book of Abstracts.
Please, follow the instructions for abstract submission and information.
- Posters should be in English.
- Poster boards will have size: 100 x 240 cm. Posters must NOT EXCEED that size.
- Posters should be prepared in advance and should be brought and attached to the poster board by the author at the beginning of the poster session.
- Poster shall be organized in sections:
- The title, names of the authors (with the name of the presenter underlined), institutions, city and country.
- Introduction, Poster body and Conclusions.
- Tables, graphs, images and references may be included Poster body
- The recommended size for poster is 90 x 120 cm.
- Do not mail us your poster.
- Materials to fix posters on boards will be provided at the desk located in the poster area.
- Main presenter or a member of the presenting team should be available next to his poster during the assigned poster session.
- Your Poster number, time of presentation and location will be e-mailed to you
- Poster prizes will be awarded by the forum committee.
Prof. Maher Natsha (Acting President of An-Najah National University)
Dr. Nidal Zatar ( Head of Chemistry Department -NNU)
Dr. Maen Ishtaiwi (Dean of Faculty of Science -NNU)
Eng. Brendan Smith (MEDRC)
- Eng. Hazem Kittaneh (PWA)
- Dr. Maen Ishtaiwi
- Dr. Maen Ishtaiwi (chairmain)
- Eng. Brendan Smith (MEDRC)
- Dr. Nidal Zatar
- Prof. Shehdeh Jodeh
- Dr. Subhi Samhan (PWA)
- Eng. Hazem Kittaneh
- Ms. Suhad Al Malki
- Dr. Ibrahim Abu Shqair
- Ms. Bayan Khalaf
- Ms. Ghadir Hanbali
- Mr. Ali Shaikh Ibrahim
- Mr. Ahmad Othman
- Mr. Omair Nabulsi
- Mrs. Nisreen Hamadneh
- Mr. Mohammed Morshed
Ms. Bayan Khalaf
- Dr. Subhi samhan (PWA)
- Dr. Brendan Smith (MEDRC)
- Prof. Shehdeh Jodeh
- Chairman: Prof. Shehdeh Jodeh
- Eng. Hazem Kittaneh
- Dr. Ahed Zyoud
- Dr. Sammer Shakshir
- Dr. Subhi Samhan
- Bayan Khalaf
- Ghadir Hanbali
- Hiba Nassar
- Dr. Ibrahim Abu Shqair: [email protected]
- Dr. Subhi samhan: [email protected]
- Ms. Bayan Khalaf: [email protected]
The forum is sponsored by Middle East Desalination Research Center (MEDRC).